World Cultures: Thailand (Noodle Homeschool)
This is a secular, stand-alone World Cultures: Thailand course offered on Noodle Homeschool…the section of Homeschool Realm that provides online courses for homeschoolers. When purchased alone, this course is $8.50 and can be enjoyed as a separate course for any child that is old enough to read independently and with confidence. This course is also available as part of The Amazing Race Season 26 course series (sold as part of the package…currently unavailable, as I am revamping The Amazing Race program. Will return soon!)…but this $8.50 option is for the STAND ALONE World Cultures: Thailand course. You do not have to follow the Amazing Race to enjoy THIS Thailand course.
*Non-reading children could potentially enjoy this course as well, but will need to have someone read and explain much of the course to them, so you will have to determine the appropriateness for your individual children. A free sample course is available at Noodle Homeschool to help you determine appropriateness.*
To sign a child up for this course, please click the “add to cart” button below. Then “checkout” and pay via Paypal.
What’s included in this course:
- An interactive introduction lesson about Thailand–This includes guiding children through online research to learn how to find information on such things as a country’s location, capital, currency, official language, and even things like what the time and weather is currently and what animals are native! (And more!) Upon finding the answers to questions, children are guided to input some info in an online quiz format to confirm their answers, and save many answers in a visually appealing fill-in printable “Country Report” to have to show others what they’ve learned!They are also encouraged to draw or print pictures of examples of some of their answers to enhance their report. By the end of their introductory lesson, they will know a good amount about the basics of Thailand!
- A “Watch Something” section–This section of the course includes many (usually short) embedded YouTube videos on a variety of topics to learn about the country and customs of Thailand. There are 36 short videos in this section (most under 5min in length). To receive credit for some of the sections, children must fill in a form telling a few things they’ve learned from watching the videos.
- A “Read Something” section–This section includes a book list of recommended reading on a variety of books about Thailand for children. It also includes many links to websites with interesting information about the country and customs of Thailand. All sites have been screened for appropriateness.
Please note: I have done my best to screen all online content for child appropriateness. But as this is the internet, and things change regularly, and children are capable of clicking on things and leaving a site to explore where they shouldn’t…I ALWAYS recommend children be supervised when working on the internet. I simply cannot guarantee all online content because of how the internet works. If you or your child ever find any questionable content, please do alert me and I will handle it quickly and appropriately.
- A “Listen to Something” section–This section includes traditional music from Thailand.
- A “Write Something” section–This section includes writing activities to learn to write in Thai letters.
- A “Play Something” section–This section shares links to sites to learn traditional Thai children’s games as well as links to sites to play online games involving language and geography and such.
- A “Create Something” section–This section shares links to hands-on activities to create things such as crafts and cooking projects. Most activities also include information and videos about the background of the topic that they will be creating. For example, before making a Loi Krathong floating sculpture, children will learn all about the Thai holiday of Loi Krathong.