NOTE: This series is for newbie homeschoolers that are in overdrive…overplanning, overscheduling and overthinking your child’s preK or kinder year….WE’VE ALL DONE IT. YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
This is part 10 in my series on “Homeschooling the Early Years”, where I share what our family did when our kids were young, instead of using a preK or kindergarten curriculum…
So far, I’ve talked about:
- setting up an enriching environment
- spending lots of time reading great books
- making sure to have daily creative and play time
- schedule as much friend time as possible
- spending lots of time outside
- having the kids in 1 or 2 weekly clubs and classes
- learning from age appropriate media, such as computer and tv time
- enjoying special days with friends and family…
Instead of using a curriculum, we went on lots of great (mostly local) field trips with friends…
So many great learning experiences! And lots of great social time and bonding time with friends!!
We took occasional trips out of the area (usually with family)…
Fantastic learning experiences and bonding time with our immediate and extended family!
And these are NOT even all we did! There were so many more trips I didn’t share!