My kids are serious Minecraft maniacs. As are most in the US today, it seems. I am seeing more and more and more businesses related to Minecraft popping up. Especially of interest to me are the sites that integrate Minecraft with education!
is was Minecraft Homeschool. (Which is now GameED Academy.) My kids have been taking took classes there and we LOVE it! loved it but now I won’t pay them money, on principal. See below…
So it’s got me looking for more ideas for using Minecraft and homeschooling….Googling is turning up a lot of ideas!
This page is a place for me to save all the links I’m finding around the net for homeschooling with Minecraft. Enjoy! And if you have any more to add, please leave a comment below!
- Homeschool with Minecraft–Online classes–NO ridiculous body shaming dress code! I checked! (Just no nudity…I can get behind that, LOL!)
- Minecraft EDU–bringing Minecraft to the classroom
- Skrafty Homeschool Minecraft classes–Online classes (This is a religious based server…I have heard there are religious elements here and there. But I have never experienced it first hand.)
- Ideas for Minecraft across the curriculum–page of links
- GameED Academy–online classes that I no longer recommend…not because they are not good…they are…but because the owner enforces a dress code that I would deem body shaming. Check out this quote from her:
“(GamEd Academy) requires all players to wear fully dressed and appropriate skins. No blood is allowed and skins that represent something known to be scary are not allowed.
All players must have both shirt/top and pants/trousers.
The main body square must be fully covered; no tank tops and no bellies showing.
Shorts and skirts are allowed, but there must be at least 5 rows of coverage from the top of the legs down.
Fun skins like bananas, animals, etc. are fine as long as they are not considered scary and fully cover the body.This is a school environment and as a parent of four little girls and a handsome young man, I personally believe in wholesome dress in real life. I have modeled that belief in our school dress code and am sorry if it offends others with dissimilar beliefs.”
We’re talking about BLOCKS, people. I get naked and blood. But tank tops? (Oooooh, those sexy shoulders! BLOCKY shoulders, no less!) No bellies showing? Moderating the length of shorts and skirts? Seriously? On BLOCKS?? What the heck is going to show on a BLOCK PERSON?? This is more than a little extreme, in my opinion.
And it does make me wonder what ELSE is this lady this extreme in in her business, if she’s that hung up on blocky clothing on blocky people.
Y’all get to decide for yourself and your own children, of course.