forgot to update this to show all that i accomplished! it was a pretty productive weekend!
- mow the back yard–got nearly all of it done, just left a couple small patches, but i kicked butt back there!
- water back yard–like crazy i did! and even went and pulled out the really thick stemmed weeds from the moist soil…they slid out easily and i find it strangely therapeutic to pull weeds, weird that i am
- mow front yard–didn’t get to this…its ok, it can wait another weekend
- de-weed front of house–did about 1/3 of this on saturday…didn’t get back to it yet
- organize/declutter my desk drawers–didn’t get to this yet
- start making a plan to organize maeven’s room–didn’t get to this yet
- finish reading [amazon_textlink asin=’0736949879′ text=’The House that Cleans Itself’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’homeschoolrealm-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’73ef524f-3aac-11e8-b087-2b14dcbed52d’], and start putting the plan in action–still working on this
- finish and put away ALL the laundry–almost finished! i did a bunch!
- wash all the bed sheets and covers and make the beds in fresh sheets/covers–not yet
- wash the yucky wet bath mat–not yet…tomorrow!
- clean the tub…and if i get to it, the rest of the main bathroom–not yet
- wash the kitchen floor–not yet
- make new menu and shopping list–not yet
- make beef stew for crock pot and put on to cook all day, today or tomorrow–didn’t happen, oh well.
- feed my kids a nutritious breakfast for lunch–sweet potato puree in the pancakes…it was yummers!! big hit with all of us!
- wash tyren’s chocolate face–he actually ended up in a bath, he was filthy by the end of the day!
- figure out what to do with all the ebay/craigs list leftover stuff under my desk that i want to sell/get rid of but didn’t finish–not yet
- swap out the winter for the summer clothes in all our drawers–yup, all done and maeven did hers herself! she was a HUGE help this weekend! she even helped me with my list!
- bag up clothes that no longer fit, put in van for goodwill/salvation army–not in the van yet, but i have a bag started! didn’t pitch as much as i had hoped…must go through clothes again and pitch some more.
not too bad…i know there’s a lot i didn’t get to…but i actually ended up making a new list and got to a lot on there…so in addition to the above, i also:
- ran the dishwasher
- unloaded and put away clean dishes
- reloaded the dishwasher
- hand washed remaining dishes (i kicked BUTT on dishes this weekend!)
- replaced brake lights on van
- checked all lights on both cars
- refilled windshield wiper fluid on both cars (but the van’s doesn’t work right…he worked on that for awhile to try to get it to work, to no avail)
- replaced the very leaky valve on kitchen sink that has been wasting hot water for over a month!
- got most of his tax paperwork done to give to our accountant friend
- swept the kitchen floor and cleaned the table for breakfast! (completely of her own volition!)
- got her own winter clothes out of the drawers and put into storage bin
- sorted and folded all her summer clothes and organized them in her dresser
so i’m pretty darn happy about our highly successful weekend! 🙂